Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Money Attracting Challenge: Day 1

 by Anne Bellamy, author of Using The Law of Attraction To Help The Universe Help You


So, following up from yesterday's post, I started my Money Attracting Challenge.  My first step was to chose an amount of money and a timeframe within which I expect to attract it.

I decided on the sum of £1000. That's roughly $1500-$1600 American, and Canadian, for you Canucks out there like me. This is in addition to the usual means of income I get.  My deadline is August 31, as my friend, Chauncey Scott, who is orchestrating this challenge, would like it to be sometime on or before September 1st.

The second step was to keep track, in a journal, all that I did to attract this amount of money.  This is the part that will take discipline, but here goes:

Yesterday I went for a 40 minute run (hey, this challenge might end up being an exercise challenge for me too).  I don't actually run for 40 minutes straight, I do intervals: walk 2 minutes, sprint 1 minute and so on.
I take my ipod with me, and use the digital stopwatch on it.

During each 2 minute walking period, I repeatedly used positive affirmations.  Here are some of the thoughts I had:

I am in the process of attracting abundance.
The Universe is in the process of delivering abundance to me.
I love feeling abundant!

I would interchange the word abundance with: wealth, riches, happiness, joy, freedom etc.

During the 1 minute sprint I simply repeated how long I had to run for: "Run till 3 (minute mark) Run till 3, Run till 3, in a meditative way.  This prevents me from thinking "God, this hurts!" or "Why am I doing this?" It kept my mind focus on something neutral.

When the 1 minute was up, my immediate thought was "Phew! I love this feeling of relief"

That's it folks, 40 minutes of feeling abundant, relief, happiness....and yes, I had a constant smile on my face, which probably got noticed by some of the passing motorists, but what they thought of me is none of my business.

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment