Friday 22 July 2011

The Money Attracting Challenge: Day 11

By Anne Bellamy, Author of Using The Law of Attraction To Help The Universe Help You

On Day 11, I fell off the wagon ..a little bit. 

 It's two days until my boyfriend's birthday and we're having a BBQ with about 10-12 guests, including some of his family.  Our house is currently undergoing a bit of renovation, add that to the fact that I'm a bit of a slob....can you see where this is headed?

That's right.  Time to clean again.  But this time, I felt like I had to clean, so the energy I brought to this activity was completely different than it was on Day 4.  I resented having to do it.  Part of the reason is that my boyfriend's inner circle have a tendency to open closed doors (sometimes locked doors!) and peak into places that clearly they're not invited to peak into.  Little comments about the state of the house are often made (and sometimes they're not so little)  This is a bit of a habit, and I'm uneasy about it. 

In my inner circle, we mind our own business.  We're a little more careful with what we say.  It's what I'm used to, so when I get the opposite, I'm sensitive about it.  My boyfriend?  It just rolls off his back.  He's used to it and doesn't let it bother him.

Anyway, while I'm cleaning, I'm having this internal dialogue between myself and one of his inner circle  members.  I'm actually imagining them nitpicking and nagging!  I know! Right?  What am I thinking???  I spent a whole morning doing this!!  All that stuff about noticing how I'm feeling?  Pivoting?  Monitoring my thoughts?  Being happy?  Wow!  I seriously fell off the wagon, and when I felt the pain of the crash (an actual headache that I know I brought on myself) I stood up, dusted off my knees and put an end to it.

  Enough!  I said.  Time to get happy.  I took control and turned the ship around (this, by the way, is why my Twitter moniker is @SoulSteering)

 So, I went to my computer, logged on to Youtube and listened to a faithful friend that always managed to pull my energy up.  Always manages to put a smile on my face.  Always manages to help me feel motivated, confident, powerful and creative.  In fact, after listening to it, I jumped off the couch and sat down to write this post. 

If you're having a bad day, remember, you can always brush it off.  You can do it simply by deciding to.  But sometimes, you need a bit of help.

If you've fallen off your vibrational wagon, give this a try, it always works for me:



No comments:

Post a Comment