Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 37: Visualizing Cheques and Feeling Good!



The morning of Day 37, and when the mail arrived, I walked into our hallway to see an envelope with one of those windows on it.  Inside I could see RED paper.  My heart immediately started pounding.  Did I forget to pay a bill????  Red means final notice, doesn't it? WTH????

Fortunately, I was able to get control of my thoughts.  I turned around, took a deep breath, and did some pivoting.  What would it look like if I got cheques through the mail?  I immediately started to visualize cheques pouring through the mail slot.  I saw myself opening the envelopes, pulling out the cheques, and seeing the figures on them.  Boy, that felt better!  I must admit, I was proud of myself for taking a fearful moment and turning it into a happy one.

After I got myself into a better-feeling place, I turned back around, picked up the envelope and opened it.  It was a voter registration card, confirming our details.  I guess the red was to let us know it was an important document, but sheesh, I could have done without that heart pounding.

However, being a "glass is half full" kinda gal, I felt appreciation for the moment, because it gave me a chance to test and practise my pivoting skills. 

Remember, it's not which way the wind is blowing, but if you are able to adjust your sails. 

Now, who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment